Worship is drawing near in communion with God by faith in the gospel.
Pastor of Worship
I am married to my wonderful wife, Ashley (married 2010), and together we have four amazing children: Grant (b. 2012), Thatcher (b. 2015), Holden (b. 2017), and Lorelai (b. 2020). Originally from San Diego, I graduated from the University of California, Irvine in 2008 and have served the Church through worship since graduating college. Through the years, I completed a Masters of Worship Studies from the Robert Webber Institute for Worship Studies, a Masters of Theological Studies from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (SWBTS), and am currently working on a Ph.D. in Worship at SWBTS. In my spare time, I love spending time with my family, enjoying high-quality films, and listening to my ever-increasing vinyl record collection.
About the Worship Ministry
Our Worship at Central Church strives to align with a few simple principles:
- We Worship the Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – the source of life, salvation, and the basis for Worship (Ephesians 2:18).
- We seek to honor and glorify God alone by magnifying his attributes, his truth, and his beauty (Psalm 29).
- We worship Christ as our King, Savior, Mediator, and the Incarnate Word (Hebrews 1:1-4).
- We proclaim and celebrate the gospel in song, word, narrative, and symbol (Ephesians 2:1-10).
- We embrace that worship occurs only through the Spirit who unites us to Christ and produces sanctification (John 4:21-24).
- We uphold scripture as the guiding authority for all aspects of our gathering (Colossians 3:16).
Practice and meeting times:
- Choir Practice every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.
- Band Rehearsal every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Worship Services at 9:15 & 11:00 a.m. on Sundays
What to Expect from Central’s Worship:
We strive to be a worship culture which labors over every word and component of our services to ensure that we are faithful to God’s Word.
Free of Distractions
We strive for excellence not for its own sake, but to create an environment free of distractions in order to clearly convey God’s truth in his Word and gospel.
We believe humility is the chief characteristic to be nourished in believers, and so we encourage a humble disposition and a sincere demeanor from our leaders.
We avoid imitating worship models of “contemporary” or “traditional”, but rather intend to draw from multiple generations in the Church to inform our worship expressions.
Serve on the Worship Team
We are always looking for those who have the passion, gifting, and desire to worship God through singing in our choir, on stage, or by playing instruments. If you would like to audition to be on the worship team, email email@example.com.
Serve on the Tech Team
Our Tech and Media Team is lead by Dan Johnson. From Sunday morning services to Central’s various events, they are passionate about creating environments where people can come to know Christ. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in serving with the tech team.
Want to see what Sunday looks like?
Preview one of our worship services.
This Sunday’s Setlist:
Get a taste of what Sunday will sound like by checking out our Worship Setlist.
Our Central Worship Team: