Central Adult EducationMeeting times:
- Equip Classes on Sunday mornings at 9:15 & 11:00 a.m.
- Equip Classes on Wednesday nights at 6:15 p.m. during the school semester
- Various Bible studies, groups, and classes meet throughout the week.
Equipping adults to understand and apply the Bible to their lives.
Dr. Matt Castro
Pastor of Adult Education
I am married to Lisa Castro. We have three children, Maggie, Lincoln, Teddy. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN. I am a graduate of Collierville High School, Class of 2002 and the University of Tennessee and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I love all things British. I enjoy a good cup of coffee, a good book, and a beautiful autumn day. My family and I snow ski, disc golf, and cheer for the Vols on Saturdays.
About the Adult Education Ministry
- Equip classes are a primary ministry of Central church in maturing disciples to grow in their relationship with God and their understanding of the Bible.
Equip Classes take place on Sunday mornings at at 9:15 & 11:00 a.m. during the school semester
- Equip Classes also take place on Wednesday nights at 6:15 p.m. during the school semester
- For a full list of the Bible studies, groups, and classes you participate in, visit our classes page.
Sunday mornings are an amazing time for us to gather together and worship. Our Wednesday night Equip classes offer a chance to grow deeper in your knowledge of the Bible and learn how to apply it to your life. Equip classes are a primary ministry of Central church in maturing disciples to grow in their relationship with God and their understanding of the Bible.
Shepherd Groups are groups of men and women who meet regularly check in on each other, dig deeper into God’s word, and build each other up.
Visit the link below to see a list of classes, or text the keyword “men” or “women” to 901-444-3890.
Ecclesiates 3:1 says, “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:”
Sometimes, we need help to get through life’s difficult moments. Support Groups meet throughout the year and provide Biblical counsel on topics such as grieving the death of a loved one, strengthening a marriage, or working through the difficult emotions of divorce.
Want to dive deeper?
Has God placed on a calling on your heart to teach? Or perhaps to enter ministry? Or maybe you have a desire to learn as much as you can about God. The Central Bible Institute theology cohorts at Central Church are in-depth studies that encourage believers to study together in a small-group environment with a biblically qualified teacher.
This is our most advanced form of study at Central Church. Each week will involve 70-100 pages of reading and 5-8 hours of study.